- Continue to bait the garden and flower beds for slugs.
- Do some garden cleanup such as raking up debris, weeding and preparing garden beds.
- Apply Premium 14-4-8 or apply Premium 14-4-8 with Moss Control to the lawn if there is a moss problem.
- Aerate your lawn and repair bare patches with Rapid Patch Lawn Seed. This would also be a great time to top dress using Lawn Soil and Top Dressing.
- Prepare the vegetable garden with well-rotted compost and/or manure and incorporate a balanced slow release fertilizer like Flower and vegetable 10- 15-20 fertilizer.
- Start planting out cool season vegetables such as lettuce, cabbage and kale.
- Prune spring-flowering shrubs after blooms fade.
- Fertilize rhododendrons, camellias and azaleas with Rhododendron & Azalea Food 10-8-6. Fertilize trees and shrubs using Tree & Hedge Food 18-4-8.
- Start planting out trees, shrubs, roses and perennials. Remember to use Transplant Fertilizer when transplanting.
- It’s a great time to repot tropical plants using Indoor Potting Soil.
- Increase watering and feeding of tropical plants now that daylight hours are increasing. Use 15-30-15 for your flowering tropical plants and 20-20-20 for your foliage tropicals.
- Start annual seeds indoors (check package for specific dates).
- Visit bulb department to start planning for your summer bulb collection like Dahlias, Gladiolus and Lilies.
- Check sprinklers, hoses, spreaders for damage or repairs.
- Clean up last year’s pots, window boxes, baskets to get them ready for spring and summer planting.
Categories: Garden Tips
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!
You must be logged in to post a comment.