- 400 g / 2¼ cups coconut sugar
- 750 ml / 3 cups coconut cream, you can also use coconut milk that has been refrigerated. Simply scoop the “fat” from the top of the tin
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- (optional) A generous pinch of sea salt
- (optional) 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 baking tray with greaseproof paper and put to one side.
- Tip all ingredients into a large pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Stir the ingredients as it reaches boiling point, then turn down to a medium heat. Keep stirring!
- Maintain the medium boil and stir every so often, for about 20 minutes or until it’s reduced and thickened. To test if it’s ready, using a spoon, drop a piece of the mixture onto a tray and it should turn solid within a minute. If it remains liquid, then it’s not ready.
- Carefully pour the contents into the baking tray and leave to cool and set.
- If the mixture has separated slightly, don’t panic. This happened to me on one occasion but it still turned out perfectly!
- Let it set in the fridge for about an hour before cutting into small caramel pieces.
- (Optional) wrap in small squares of greaseproof paper for easy storage or to give as gifts!
- Keep at room temperature and store for up to 1 month (if you can last that long without eating them all…)
Categories: Food Recipes Sweets
No comments yet, be the first to leave one!
You must be logged in to post a comment.